We have welcomed professionals from a variety of industries to our offices for Open House events and we have been all over town visiting with companies and organization who want to learn more about getting involved. Many people have stepped up and welcomed this opportunity to impact a young students life. It is time now for you to apply to become a mentor as we prepare to welcome the students back to school.
We will be tripling our reach in 2014-2105. This means that we will be providing 90 students with caring professional mentors! We are well on our way to having all of the mentors we need, but still need many more. Our students opt in to our Mentoring in Schools program. These are young people that have identified the need for a Mentor. They know that there is something out there for them, and it is our job to help them identify it. However, if we do not have enough caring adults answer the call we will have to turn away these students. You can help ensure that we never do this, simply by showing up and caring.
Don’t wait around to do something “great” when you can do good everyday, in the life of a young person. Apply today to become a mentor for our Mentoring in Schools program. 3 hours a month and 24 hours over the course of one school year is all it takes to impact the lives of youth.
QUICK FACTS about our Mentoring In Schools Program:
- All you have to do is show up and care! We use a life skills mentoring curriculum and each session is facilitated by a highly trained educator.
- Mentors would choose one campus.
- Eastern MarketCesar Chavez Capitol Hill Campus: 709 12th St SE, Washington, DC 20003 – Every other Thursday from 3:30-4:45pm – Metro Accessible – Orange/Blue
- Cesar Chavez Parkside Campus: 3701 Hayes St NE, Washington, DC 20019 – Every other Tuesday from 3:45-5:15pm – Metro Accessible – Orange Line – Minnesota Ave
- Each session from October-May is scheduled in advance and mentors will have a calendar for the year so they can plan accordingly.